Sunday, August 03, 2008

I am moving!

Well, after one year in Qatar with my husband, and having two of my older kids working and keeping house in Singapore and looking after their grandmother, while the youngest is studying in the States, my idea of a 'normal' family life certainly became out of the ordinary!
We had to find a suitable time for all 5 of us to skype, to communicate and connect with the happenings in everyone's life.

I may sound like I'm complaining....but actually, because of our separation, we realise the importance of FAMILY and family doing something together!
So on our last annual family vacation, we decided as a family that we would start a new website : familyuni.com

It's not a prideful project --- we just thought that because each one of us has a passion, a peculiar interest and a particular gem, it would be a waste if we all kept it to ourselves. So we would like to share with others our experiences so that the next generation will do better than us!
People go to university to learn a skill for their professional life. Why don't we have a Family University to teach and impart knowledge, inspiration and encouragement for family life ?

So......my husband who has been in the financial world for the past 32 years, will write about finances and career development; I will cheer you on in your marriage and motherhood; my eldest son who owns and runs his own personal gym will impart his convictions about health and nutrition; my daughter who loves her work in a psychiatric hospital will write with great compassion on emotional health topics; and my youngest son who simply enjoys studying will share tips on learning that have helped him be an 'A' student. (I know that'll catch your attention!!!!)

If you would like to come along with us in building a fun and fulfilling family life, do check us out
at:

Writing this blog : magnificentmom.com has been a wonderful experience for me, but magnificentmom is moving on to build the family university! Hope to find you there!


link | posted by Coach Jonathan Wong at 3:41 AM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:57 AM~  

I'd like to talk to you about your blog, can you contact me? Thank you!

Want to Post a Comment?