Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Year of Grace

At the beginning of every new year, I make it a point to "name my year". It's not a new year resolution ---- rather, it's a focus for the year. So....2008 for me is THE YEAR OF GRACE.

Even before I could take a breath, trials and testings, people and situations tumbled quickly before me so I could 'practise' grace! It's unbelievable.

Anyway.....since my mouth had declared what my heart had decided, now my actions have to follow, right?

So....to the one who wearied me last year with her complaints and discontent from A-Z, I spent an hour and a half with her last week, without feeling impatient.
To another who seems ungrateful and undeserving of any goodness, I gave a gift that I would have liked to keep for myself, without feeling resentful.
To the one whom I recently discovered had betrayed my trust, I have forgiven and deleted the scores of wrongs.

Considering we're only 2 weeks into 2008, I know I'm no angel with a halo above my head.

It's not easy to cheer people on instead of condemning them, to focus on solutions not problems, to allow people to fail and fall short of my expectations.
It's grace when I focus on other's needs, not mine.
It's grace when I don't argue about what's fair or unfair.
It's grace when I look out for opportunities to do what's good and kind and thoughtful.

Ahhh......I can see the 50 weeks ahead of me will be challenging for me as I fight my SELF .

HELP! I need grace myself!!!


link | posted by magnificentmom at 10:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?