Friday, December 08, 2006

Last 3 words

I've often thought of graduation ceremonies as one big yawn of an affair.... but last night, when the professor of "stuttering" began to give 3 points for successful living, I sat up!

1. a productive youth
2. supportive relationships
3. a fine education

Ahhh....maybe they're not such new or exciting points.....

Well, when the ceremony's over and the gown's returned, and you wake up each day after that, it's really your choice to make it a wonderful day or a weary day!

I'm not belittling the 4 years of studies and hard work.

You may graduate from a course of study, but you can sleep in peace only when you graduate from the school of life ---- when you know that you have not wasted your time, your talents and your thoughts AND you have not allowed anyone to steal your education (learning), your embraces (loves) and your experiences (living)!




link | posted by Coach Jonathan Wong at 10:53 PM |


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:15 AM~  

Hi, just want to let you know that I love reading your blog. I am a mother to 2 young boys. You must be very proud of your daughter. Alas, I still have many years to go before my two boys grow up and stop their constant bickering.

Blogger angela commented at 7:35 PM~  

Hey auntie doreen! I'm angela from ps yewlin net, remember me from all the cloth sewing and sequin gluing for the miracle catch carnival? :) Ah it really was so amazing when i stumbled onto yr blog, and i see a pic of yr daughter. I remember a long time ago for one of the prayer meetings, u shared abt how u reminded her not to forget her destiny and the dream that God placed in her when she was young. That pt of time i was really struggling with study options, and hearing u speak abt that was an affirmation, and look where i am now, studying to be an art teacher in london.

I really miss the G12family, maggie updated me abt what u guys are doing for christmas in spore, and since i cant be there to prepare a thanksgiving note for you, i shall thank God for you here. For being such a great role model, you truly inspire me to prepare myself to be a mother that is full of the spirit and Godly wisdom. May this christmas be a time of fruitfulness and fellowship.

Blogger Coach Jonathan Wong commented at 12:55 AM~  

Hey,Thanks for your thoughts, Ladybird and Angela!It's always encouraging to know people make the effort to write comments.

Want to Post a Comment?